cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tgschneider
Adventurer
Adventurer

In Vivado 15.4, Adding debug signals always fails eventually

In Vivado 15.4, as I debug my design I incrementally add debug signals and all is well, and I get a working design, all the way through implementation. But at some point, without me changing my design except for using Setup Debug to add one or more debug signals, my implementation fails, and I typically get an ila_core_inst-related error about a unconnected pins due to trimming, and/or a missing connection on a D input. (Errors Opt 31-2 and 31-67) The specific added debug signals have not been problematic in the past so I don't think they are the problem.

My usual work-around has been to regenerate the debug core, however this doesn't always work and I have to manually edit the xdt file, remove all of the debug information, re-synthesize, go back to Setup Debug, and re-enter all of my signals. The failure happens with single or multiple debug cores.

This is becoming very tedious and time-consuming. Is there a way to reliably prevent these implementation failures, or some work-around that's not as time-consuming? Maybe there are debug guidelines I haven't discovered yet, such as never entering more than some number of signals?

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos
2 Replies
prathikm

Hi @tgschneider,

"I typically get an ila_core_inst-related error about a unconnected pins due to trimming, and/or a missing connection on a D input. (Errors Opt 31-2 and 31-67)"

Can you check if AR#65931 which describes about the solution for opt_design failure helps or not?: https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/65931.html.

Also, check AR#65764 where parameterized instantiation is used which causes the tool to show trimming of logic error. Please check this with your design :https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/65764.html

Can you also try working your design in latest Vivado 2016.4?

Thanks & Regards,
Prathik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the appropriate post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
tgschneider
Adventurer
Adventurer

Thanks for the quick response. I am looking into parameterized instantiation as being the cause of the problem.

Cheers,

Tom

0 Kudos