UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor feitian_yzh
Visitor

Is there any limitations on the clock frequency when using ILA in vivado?

Jump to solution

hello,now I am in a big trouble in designing an eMMC controller using zynq7030 in vivado2015.4. I am sure that the problem caused by the clock frequency. When using a 200KHz clock generated by PS,the ILA in PL can not work,and some error message just like"WARNING:[Labtools 27-1974] Mismatch between the design programmmed into the device xc7z030 and the probes file(s)....." could been seen. While using  higher frequecy e.g. 50MHz,ILA is ok. I do not find a specific limitation in UG908 about the ILA's clock frequency. Could I get some help here? Thanks a lot.   

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Is there any limitations on the clock frequency when using ILA in vivado?

Jump to solution

Hi @feitian_yzh,

1. The clock connected to ILA should have the frequency atleast twice greater than the JTAG frequency.
  2. The clock connected to ILA should have frequency atleast twice greater than the signal being probed.
Thanks,
Arpan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tags (1)
4 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @feitian_yzh,

1. The clock connected to ILA should have the frequency atleast twice greater than the JTAG frequency.
  2. The clock connected to ILA should have frequency atleast twice greater than the signal being probed.
Thanks,
Arpan
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Tags (1)
Visitor feitian_yzh
Visitor

Jump to solution
Thanks a lot to arpansur, your answer is helpful. So I have to modify my design for this reason. Thanks again.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @feitian_yzh,

If your query is answered please close this thread by marking answer as "Accept as solution" in the interest of other users.

Thanks,
Arpan

0 Kudos
Visitor feitian_yzh
Visitor

Jump to solution

Accept as solution

0 Kudos