cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dijura
Observer
Observer

[Labtools 27-1434]Device xc7z035 (JTAG device index = 1) is programmed with a design that has no supported debug core(s) in it.

Jump to solution

Hello, 

I insert two System ILA on my design to debug and monitor some internal signals inside a Zynq. I modified the debug hub core to select the same clock that I've used for the System ILA (modifications shown below).

dbg_hub_core_setup.png

I attach to this message the report of debug core. 

When I program my FPGA, I use the Hardware Manager to debug the internal signals, but I have the following message. 

refresh_hw_device [lindex [get_hw_devices xc7z035_1] 0]

INFO: [Labtools 27-1434] Device xc7z035 (JTAG device index = 1) is programmed with a design that has no supported debug core(s) in it.

WARNING: [Labtools 27-3361] The debug hub core was not detected.

Resolution:

1. Make sure the clock connected to the debug hub (dbg_hub) core is a free running clock and is active.
  2. Make sure the BSCAN_SWITCH_USER_MASK device property in Vivado Hardware Manager reflects the user scan chain setting in the design and refresh the device.  To determine the user scan chain setting in the design, open the implemented design and use 'get_property C_USER_SCAN_CHAIN [get_debug_cores dbg_hub]'.

For more details on setting the scan chain property, consult the Vivado Debug and Programming User Guide (UG908).

WARNING: [Labtools 27-3413] Dropping logic core with cellname:'inst_n310_ps/system_ila_1/inst/ila_lib' at location 'uuid_3A0521E096A754FA831B090EF91BE0CD' from probes file, since it cannot be found on the programmed device.

WARNING: [Labtools 27-3413] Dropping logic core with cellname:'inst_n310_ps/system_ila_0/inst/ila_lib' at location 'uuid_69543DFB73F65EBDAB01C7973A229BB4' from probes file, since it cannot be found on the programmed device.

I launch on SDK a Hello World application, but it doesn't make that the System ILA appears on the Hardware Manager. Could someone help me to use the System ILA?

Thanks a lot for your help.

D.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
florentw

Hi @dijura 

You might want to read the following article. What you are seeing in mentioned in it:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-and-Debug-Techniques-Blog/Video-Series-31-Debugging-a-Video-System-using-an-ILA/ba-p/1004299 

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post

2 Replies
florentw

Hi @dijura 

You might want to read the following article. What you are seeing in mentioned in it:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-and-Debug-Techniques-Blog/Video-Series-31-Debugging-a-Video-System-using-an-ILA/ba-p/1004299 

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post

dijura
Observer
Observer

Hi @florentw 

Thanks a lot for the link, it helped me to debug my system. I learnt different ways to debug internal signals. 

Regards,

D.

0 Kudos