UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading CPLD with ISE iMpact

No problem yet but would like to know what to expect when I attempt to load an XC2C256 CPLD with a jed file someone else built and sent to me. I loaded the iMpact v14.7 lab tool onto my laptop to do this. I will be doing this tomorrow at a customer site. I have no "project" set up, just the config file (jed). Is this a matter of just plugging the programming pod into the programming port and iMpact recognizing the CPLD and guiding me through the programming process. Or do I need to set up something else beforehand?

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Loading CPLD with ISE iMpact

Using impact tool try to access the jtag chain of the board through programming cable.

if the jtag chain is proper, you will see the cpld in the chain, assign the .jed file and program it.

if there are no issues in jtag impact tool should be able to program the .jed file.

incase you see any issues post the issue here, we can look into it

--Krishna

0 Kudos

It worked great! Very nice tool!

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos

i want to load .jed file in to CPLD which is in onboard. i have .jed file, xilinx ISE 9.1i, DLC4 and USB to serial converter(my pc posses only USB ports).will it work. i dont know how to dump the file in CPLD.

0 Kudos