UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

Multiple ICONs in a single project supported?

Jump to solution

Looking for adding VIO to a ISE project in additional to existing ILA (added by INSERTER)

came cross similar situation discussed in (

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-Tools-Others/HOW-to-use-quot-USER2-quot-in-Boundary-Scan-Chain-ICON-parameter/td-p/256704 )

I've added multiple ICONs into my ISE project and compiled,

(Spartan6, 13.3) I set .cdc to use USER1, My MicroBlaze MDM is using USER2 (thanks that thread, it really helped!), ICON-VIO to use USER3; but regardless what I have tried, I can only see ILA in ChipScope Pro.

Also found AR#43751, mentioning no multiple ICONs are supported; which is conflicting from the abovementioned thread discussion. 

Also found annoying, I've attempt to remove the .cdc file in intention to test VIO along. After cleaning up project file; Starting new, I still can only see ILA in ChipScope Pro. I don't know if it's a bug or something.

I will go ahead instantiate VIO and ILA with single ICON. What I remember, I am expecting signal naming headache with instantiated ILA.

Can anyone please confirm this?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Multiple ICONs in a single project supported?

Jump to solution
The best way is to use one ICON with multiple CONTROL ports and then use multiple ILA's to those CONTROL ports. You can add multiple ICON cores but you can only access one at a time due to BSCAN restrictions.
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Jump to solution
The best way is to use one ICON with multiple CONTROL ports and then use multiple ILA's to those CONTROL ports. You can add multiple ICON cores but you can only access one at a time due to BSCAN restrictions.
Regards,
Debraj
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

Voyager
Voyager

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot for your clarification. I guess, precedence of multiple ICONs in same design hierarchy might be fussy. Will be specific then.

0 Kudos