cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

New Feature Request: Email Notification

I'm not sure where this belongs so I'm posting here.

I'd like to request a new feature for Vivado.  I would like Vivado to send an email when it completes a Simulation,

Synthesis, Implementation or Bitstream run.  When build times start to get long, it would be nice to have the

tool email its "Status" so that I don't have to check back to see if it's done.  If I were using Non project mode,

I think I could add something to a tcl script (on a linux machine), but I don't know of a way to do it in Project

mode on a Windows machine.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

@creedxlnx wrote:
If I were using Non project mode, I think I could add something to a tcl script (on a linux machine),

launch_runs impl_1 -email_to my_email@address.com -- send notification when complete

ps: does not work for me

gw.
Embedded Systems, DSP, cyber
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

We had found that the launch_runs does not work on Linux, so we had scrambled our own TCL proc that does that. See below. You can create your own $subject and $test variables and call the following proc whenever you feel like. Works perfectly.

Hope this helps.

BR

Vlad

proc send_email {subject text} {
    global env
    package require Tcl
    package require smtp 1.4.5
    package require mime 1.5.4
    set recipient $env(USER)@ignisinnovation.com
    set token [mime::initialize -canonical text/plain -string $text]
    mime::setheader $token Subject $subject
    smtp::sendmessage $token -recipients $recipient -servers localhost
    mime::finalize $token
}

Vladislav Muravin
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

If you look in the project settings, each stage has a tcl.pre and tcl.post script it will run, if you write the scripts.

Ken

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Thanks everyone for your replies.  I apologize for my poorly worded question.  While I suspect that there is something I could do

on a linux machine, I'm actually running on windows.  In trying to use tcl.pre/post from within Vivado my question is: what is the tcl command send an email? in non-project mode it looks like I could use the -email_to switch in the launch_runs command, but I'm not sure what command to use on a windows node to send an email using tcl.pre/post.

Thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos