UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor chirawat.not
Visitor

Newbie to Chip Scope need help about signal name in Chip Scope

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm newbie to Chip Scope and I need your help about how to select signal in Chip Scope,

after my code are synthesised I cannot see the old name from one in VHDL code. I know the signal name in VHDL code but I don't know the signal name in such Chip Scope shows me. 

please give me some advice,

Nott

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Newbie to Chip Scope need help about signal name in Chip Scope

Jump to solution
Please set "Keep Hierarchy" to "Yes" in Synthesis options. It will help you find the signals as per your HDL.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution

You should use the keep constraint.

Take a  look at the below AR

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/44464.html

For chsipscope you can refer this user guide

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_7/chipscope_pro_sw_cores_ug029.pdf

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Please set "Keep Hierarchy" to "Yes" in Synthesis options. It will help you find the signals as per your HDL.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
Visitor chirawat.not
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks Prathum and Smarell a lot,

Smarell, your solution is work. Thanks

-- Nott

0 Kudos