cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bertoloti1
Visitor
Visitor

Nexys 4, Vivado 2014.4: No hardware targets exist on the server (Ubuntu 12.04)

Jump to solution

Hello, I have Vivado 2014.4 installed on Ubuntu 12.04 (64bits). I have a Nexys 4 Digilent Board (Artix 7) connected to the PC through a USB cable but in the Hardware session I'm unable to connect to target. I get this error message:

WARNING: [Labtoolstcl 44-26] No hardware targets exist on the server [localhost]
Check to make sure the cable targets connected to this machine are properly connected
and powered up, then use the disconnect_hw_server and connect_hw_server commands
to re-register the hardware targets.

Running the lsusb command in a terminal, the USB-UART IC of the board seems to be recognized:

Bus 001 Device 007: ID 0403:6010 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT2232C Dual USB-UART/FIFO IC

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bertoloti1
Visitor
Visitor

Yes!! It worked!!!

What I did was:

1- Unistalled Vivado

2- Re-install it with the "Install Cable Drivers" checked

Thanks to everyone!!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
vuppala
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
Hello,

Try out these steps:

1. Open a terminal and source Vivado tools.
2. Run the command: hw_server
3. Open Vivado GUI from other terminal
4. Click on Open Hardware Manager
5. Click on Open Target and select remote server in the second screen.
6. In the hostname field, provide the hostname (in your case, the same machine name)
7. Click Next.

Thanks,
Vinay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
vijayak
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
Hi,
Moving this topic to the correct board.
Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
bertoloti1
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for your reply.

I already tried does steps but didn't work.

After I manually run the hw_server I did verify (with "sudo netstat -taupen | grep hw_server" command) that this process was listening in por 3121 but, selecting Remote Server with ip 127.0.0.1 and port 3121 still didn't worked.

Maybe I'm missing something, is it necessary to install any Xilinx cable drivers? Or that was necessary only with ISE?

Is there any way, perhaps with TCL commands, to verify if the hw_server recognized the board?

Thanks,

Mauro

0 Kudos
vuppala
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
Hello Mauro,

Can you connect this board to any other machine and try programming it?

Thanks,
Vinay
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
bertoloti1
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Vinay,

I'm planning to do that as soon as I kind, I have to borrow a PC from a friend and install Vivado, try programming the board and them uninstall Vivado, so it's gonna take a while. I let you know when I have tried it.

Thanks,

Mauro

0 Kudos
bertoloti1
Visitor
Visitor

Yes!! It worked!!!

What I did was:

1- Unistalled Vivado

2- Re-install it with the "Install Cable Drivers" checked

Thanks to everyone!!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
homgim

I have the exact same problem on Ubuntu 12.04.   The lab has 25 machines with Vivado residing on a server.   lsusb on the machine shows 

Bus 002 Device 004: ID 0403:6010 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT2232C Dual USB-UART/FIFO IC
eecs-digital-09:~> 

So the board is recognized. Cable drivers installed.  Attaching as remote target as suggest in vuppala show the same problem.   Using the same board, I have no problems attaching to a Windows 7 with Vivado installed.  

Here's out setup

##############################################################
# Copyright (c) 1986-2015 Xilinx, Inc. All rights reserved. #
##############################################################

setenv XILINX_VIVADO /xyz123/6.111/xilinx-vivado/Vivado/2014.4
if $?LD_LIBRARY_PATH then
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /xyz123/6.111/xilinx-vivado/Vivado/2014.4/lib/lnx32.o:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
else
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /xyz123/6.111/xilinx-vivado/Vivado/2014.4/lib/lnx32.o
endif
if $?PATH then
setenv PATH /xyz123/6.111/xilinx-vivado/Vivado/2014.4/bin:$PATH
else
setenv PATH /xyz123/6.111/xilinx-vivado/Vivado/2014.4/bin
endif

setenv XILINX_LICENSE_FILE 27005@eecslicsrv

0 Kudos
dwisehart
Scholar