UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor mtechvlsi17
Visitor

Power estimation in vivado

How to estimate power in vivado 2017. For my design it is showing above 90 watt. Image is attached below. Expected power is to be in milli watts. I clicked report power and then ok in the implemented design. I got the following result.

power.PNG
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Power estimation in vivado

Hi @mtechvlsi17,

Would you please take a look at the following video with information about Vivado Power Estimator:

https://www.xilinx.com/video/hardware/power-estimation-analysis-using-vivado.html

In addition, you can also use the XPE spreadsheet to get another power estimation:

https://www.xilinx.com/video/fpga/estimate-ultrascale-device-power-using-xpe.html

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Andre Guerrero

Product Applications Engineer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Visitor mtechvlsi17
Visitor

Sir,

I have an original verilog code which utilized 1800 LUTs and 1400 Flipflops. Now I inserted some extra lines of code (state machine code) into the original verilod code. Expected result is more utilization of LUTs and FFs than the that of original values. But the problem is there is no increment in LUTs and FFs. They are same as original values. What might be the reason?

0 Kudos

What is your device utilization rate? What is the default switching rate? My guess is you have high utilization rate along with a lot of high fanout  as well as max switching rates. Also what device is this and how did you come up with a "few mili watts" estimation from?

Regards,

T

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos