Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbonanno1
Participant
Participant

Running ILA being clocked by Zynq

Jump to solution

I have customized a top level wrapper file insantiating a zynq design and several other logic modules and the ILA is setup to sample many of these signals.

What I've noticed is that for the ILA to work, I have to have the Zynq programmed first before the fpga fabric side otherwise I get a message that the ILA cores are not found. 

The F0 clock output from the Zynq module design is at 100 Mhz and I use it to clock the rest of the logic in my top level.

I just want to confirm that programming the Zynq side first is required for this case.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
florentw

HI @jbonanno1 

You might want to read my Video Series 31 – Debugging a Video System using an ILA  as this is sonmething I cover in it.

Yes you need to program the zynq. What is important is the ps7_init which will configure the zynq (and thus the PLL for the PS-> PL clocks). When you launch an application, if you click run > run configurations you will see that this option is enabled by default.

Alternatively, you can run the fsbl (which includes the sames commands as in ps7_init). This is what is used when you do not run from JTAG (ex. from SD card).

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post

1 Reply
florentw

HI @jbonanno1 

You might want to read my Video Series 31 – Debugging a Video System using an ILA  as this is sonmething I cover in it.

Yes you need to program the zynq. What is important is the ps7_init which will configure the zynq (and thus the PLL for the PS-> PL clocks). When you launch an application, if you click run > run configurations you will see that this option is enabled by default.

Alternatively, you can run the fsbl (which includes the sames commands as in ps7_init). This is what is used when you do not run from JTAG (ex. from SD card).

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post