UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor 00815
Visitor

SDK Device Tree Generator - Java crash

Hi community,
i am new to the Xilinx tools (v.14.5, Win7 64Bit). When i try to create the device tree with the SDK device tree generator, SDK crashes with the message:
"Java was started but returned exit code=1......"
simillar to the problem discussed here:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=333227

However, the solution does not work with Xilinx SDK in my system. Is that a common problem? More important: Does anyone know a solution?
I am hanging on it since 1 day, and would be very thankful for some solutions or explanations.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Observer apuls
Observer

Re: SDK Device Tree Generator - Java crash

Hey folks, i was on the way to post the same issue. Win7 64bit 14.5 with the latest devicetree generator from the github repository. Attachted is a screenshot about the error message. @00815 Just restart the SDK right click on the "devicetree" and choose "build target" After the build process is finished you must manual add a proper "chosen argument" in the dts file.
0 Kudos
Observer stormf
Observer

Hi,

the problem also occurs under Linux. Here is an excerpt from the error log file:

Stack: [0x00007f2772d30000,0x00007f2772e31000],  sp=0x00007f2772e2dbe8,  free space=3f60000000000000018k
Native frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code, C=native code)
C  [libSdkSoftware.so+0x38720]  _ZNK11SdkSoftware7LibInst13GetPropSeqRefENS0_8NodeTypeE+0x20

[error occurred during error reporting (printing native stack), id 0xb]

Java frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code)
j  com.xilinx.sdk.sw.internal.SwPlatform$JNI.getProperties(ILjava/lang/String;I)[Lcom/xilinx/sdk/sw/ISwProperty;+0
j  com.xilinx.sdk.sw.internal.SwPlatform.getProperties(Ljava/lang/String;I)[Lcom/xilinx/sdk/sw/ISwProperty;+10
j  com.xilinx.sdk.sw.ui.internal.SwConfig.createConfigItems()V+12
j  com.xilinx.sdk.sw.ui.internal.SwConfig.<init>(Lorg/eclipse/jface/viewers/TreeViewer;Ljava/lang/String;Lcom/xilinx/sdk/sw/ISwDb;Lcom/xilinx/sdk/sw/ISwProject;I)V+37
j  com.xilinx.sdk.sw.ui.internal.ConfigPresenter.addSwConfig(Ljava/lang/String;I)Z+36
j  com.xilinx.sdk.sw.ui.internal.SimpleBspConfigPresenter.viewReady()V+161
j  com.xilinx.sdk.sw.ui.internal.SimpleBspSettingsView.createDialogArea(Lorg/eclipse/swt/widgets/Composite;)Lorg/eclipse/swt/widgets/Control;+45
j  org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.TitleAreaDialog.createContents(Lorg/eclipse/swt/widgets/Composite;)Lorg/eclipse/swt/widgets/Control;+128
j  org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.create()V+14

Hope, this helps.

0 Kudos
Visitor stecky
Visitor

Hi,

I had the same problem and it took me some time to figure out what went wrong. I had cloned the git repository of the device tree generator as described on the Xilinx wiki page Fetch Sources. With no additional argument to git, the directory to which git clones the files is simply named like the repository, in this case "device-tree". Later, when I read the wiki page Build Device Tree Blob, I skipped the step of cloning (because I already had done so) and just copied the cloned folder into my Xilinx IP repository's "bsp" subdirectory, forgetting to rename it to "device-tree_v0_00_x". The result was a crashing Java VM as you described it. After I renamed the directory everything worked fine for me. Hope this is in any way helpful and solves your problem.

Bye

0 Kudos
Visitor 00815
Visitor

Thank you, works....

0 Kudos
Scholar stephenm
Scholar

0 Kudos