UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Setting up an equation in chipscope

Is it possible to set up the following expression in Chipscope?

!(!M1 && !M2 && !M3 && !M4) && M5

Regards,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Setting up an equation in chipscope

Chipscope allows 16 match units.The trigger condition sequencer can be either a Boolean equation, or an optional trigger sequencer that is controlled by the Max Sequence Levels pull-down, stored as max_sequence_levels in the XCO parameter file.The Max Sequence Levels sets the maximum levels of Match Units that can be placed in sequence by ChipScope Analyzer to activate the trigger condition. I think you can. Are you seeing any issue here?

You can also see the datasheet for more information.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/chipscope_ila/v1_04_a/chipscope_ila.pdf

Regards

Sikta

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi,

I don't think this is possible. Chipscope analyzer allows us to negate individual match unit in the equation or negate the whole equation.

Here you are trying to do both. I don't think this is possible.

I'm not 100% sure as I tried it long time back. I can check this and update the thread later.

Regards,
Krishna
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Thanks. Please update us when you can. I have traced my problem back a different way so I don't need this capability at the moment, but I'd like to know if it's possible. Thanks again to all.
0 Kudos
Scholar dwisehart
Scholar

What about doing a boolean equivalent?  ! ( a && b ) == (  ! a ) || ( ! b )  and ! ( a || b ) == ( ! a ) && ( ! b )

A:  !(!M1 && !M2 && !M3 && !M4) && M5

Equals:

B:  (  M1 || M2 || M3 || M4 ) && M5 

Test it out:

M1  M2  M3  M4  M5    A  B

1   0   0   0   0    0  0

1   0   0   0   1    1  1

0   0   0   0   1    0  0

1   1   1   1   1    1  1

0   1   1   1   0    0  0

And so on...

Regards,