UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup debug clock issue

Hi Everyone,

I'm debugging a design using Vivado2015.

When I do setup debug after synthesis, I got a dialog as following figure shows where the clock domain for some signals are wierd.The "u_ddr_sub_top/u_ddr_sub_top_mig/u_ddr3_infrastructure/rstdiv0_sync_r1_reg_rep_26_0" actually is not a clock.set_debug01.png

I try to change the clock domain by right click my mouse and use "select clock domain" menu, the clock domain for these signals mentioned above should be "u_ddr_sub_top/u_ddr_sub_top_mig/u_ddr3_infrastructure/clk_pll_i", however this clock is not in the listed dialog as figure below shows.

set_debug02.png

But the clock domain "u_ddr_sub_top/u_ddr_sub_top_mig/u_ddr3_infrastructure/clk_pll_i" do exist in my design and after implementation it can be reported in "report clock network".

What's wrong with my operation and how can I fix this problem?

Any hints and suggestions are appreatiated.

Thanks!

Simon 

set_debug01.png
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Setup debug clock issue

Hi @simon_mviewtech

Open the Synthesized design and run report clock networks and look for the clock: u_ddr_sub_top/u_ddr_sub_top_mig/u_ddr3_infrastructure/clk_pll_i

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos

Re: Setup debug clock issue

Hi Vinay,

Thanks for your reply. The synthesied result doesn't contain the clock u_ddr_sub_top/u_ddr_sub_top_mig/u_ddr3_infrastructure/clk_pll_i when I do reort clock networks operation.

However, when I do report timing summary, it exists in Intra-clock paths as clock sources.

Thanks!

Simon

0 Kudos