UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer adalaine
Observer

Temperature monitoring JTAG

Hello,

I need to monitor temperature on a ZYNQ-7000 using JTAG through Hardware Manager;

I can read a coherent value during boot process (around 50°C) but once the Linux is started the only value read is -273.1°C. Is there a specific configuration I need to do in Linux configuration files to use XADC ?

When the Zynq Module is configured whitout Linux OS but with a simple "helloworld" SDK application that works fine (using same bitstream).

Thanks,

Antonin

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Temperature monitoring JTAG

Hi @adalaine,

Please take a look at the following document. It has a descritpion on how to read the XADC registers from Linux:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1172_zynq_ps_xadc.pdf

Thanks,

Andre Guerrero

Product Applications Engineer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer adalaine
Observer

Re: Temperature monitoring JTAG

Hi @anunesgu 

Thanks, but this document explain how to read XADC registers from Linux.

In my case, I would like to monitor Temperature using external JTAG Port and Vivado Hardware Manager. Without specific API.

Antonin

0 Kudos