UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are no debug cores

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I've implemented my project and generated the bit stream. I've added some debug cores, and I am able to see the green symbols in the debug cores over signals on the block design attached. When I connect to the device through hardware manager, it says "there are no debug cores" and I cannot see ILA waveforms!

The warning messages I am getting:

INFO: [Labtools 27-1434] Device xc7z020 (JTAG device index = 1) is programmed with a design that has no supported debug core(s) in it.
WARNING: [Labtools 27-3361] The debug hub core was not detected.
Resolution:
1. Make sure the clock connected to the debug hub (dbg_hub) core is a free running clock and is active.
2. Make sure the BSCAN_SWITCH_USER_MASK device property in Vivado Hardware Manager reflects the user scan chain setting in the design and refresh the device. To determine the user scan chain setting in the design, open the implemented design and use 'get_property C_USER_SCAN_CHAIN [get_debug_cores dbg_hub]'.
For more details on setting the scan chain property, consult the Vivado Debug and Programming User Guide (UG908).
WARNING: [Labtools 27-3403] Dropping logic core with cellname:'design_1_i/ila_3' from probes file, since it cannot be found on the programmed device.
WARNING: [Labtools 27-3403] Dropping logic core with cellname:'u_ila_0' from probes file, since it cannot be found on the programmed device.
WARNING: [Labtools 27-3403] Dropping logic core with cellname:'design_1_i/ila_4' from probes file, since it cannot be found on the programmed device.
WARNING: [Labtools 27-3403] Dropping logic core with cellname:'design_1_i/ila_1' from probes file, since it cannot be found on the programmed device.
WARNING: [Labtools 27-3403] Dropping logic core with cellname:'design_1_i/ila_2' from probes file, since it cannot be found on the programmed device.
WARNING: [Labtools 27-3403] Dropping logic core with cellname:'design_1_i/ila_0' from probes file, since it cannot be found on the programmed device.

How can I solve this problem? Many thanks..

Error_ila.png
Error_ila2.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: There are no debug cores

Jump to solution

Hi @Anonymous ,

I see that you are on zynq. A common mistake is to forgot to set up the zynq thus the clock are not available for the ILA.

What you can do: start your application in debug mode in SDK (or use the hello world application). When the debug is stopped at the main entry, program the FPGA.

The clock from the zynq should be available and you should then see the ILAs.

Hope that helps,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please check the below AR# link, might be helpful:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/64764.html

Thanks,

Raj

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Dear  

I've checked it. But, for the first solution, can you plz tell how it is to check if the clock is a non-free-running clock or not? Thanks..

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @Anonymous ,

I see that you are on zynq. A common mistake is to forgot to set up the zynq thus the clock are not available for the ILA.

What you can do: start your application in debug mode in SDK (or use the hello world application). When the debug is stopped at the main entry, program the FPGA.

The clock from the zynq should be available and you should then see the ILAs.

Hope that helps,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank you dear florentw . When I run any application in Xilinx SDK, it produces the clock signals, and then I see all the debug cores in FPGA HW manager. 

Many thanks,

0 Kudos