Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tiago0297
Adventurer
Adventurer

Using xil_printf in SDK

Jump to solution

Hi

I'm sure it's a very beginner problem, but I'm having some trouble in printing a message of my SDK code in the console. I'm using xil_printf to do it and I've configured de STDIO Connection to COM4 and baud rate 11520 in Run Configurations. But when I run my program the console says that COM4 is already being used. The problem is that it's the only port available for me. What should I do?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tiago0297
Adventurer
Adventurer

As I said it's was a beginner problem. I am new to ZedBoard e didn't know that if I connect a cable from the UART to the USB another port will be acessible for the terminal to print messages.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
tiago0297
Adventurer
Adventurer

As I said it's was a beginner problem. I am new to ZedBoard e didn't know that if I connect a cable from the UART to the USB another port will be acessible for the terminal to print messages.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
hgraves777
Observer
Observer

I assume you mean 115200 instead of 11520?  And you don't have anything else open, like a terminal emulator, on COM4.

I need a little more information about your design.  Are you using a development board?  Do you have an RTL UART implemented or are you using a Zynq (PS_UART)?  Windows or Linux?

0 Kudos