cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Vivado 2014.2: [Chipscope 16-119] Implementing debug core dbg_hub failed. Error: An unknown error has occured during implementing debug cores

Jump to solution

Hi All - During implementation of the design with ILA core netlist insertion, I ran into this "unknown error". I am not sure how to go about resolving this issue, since it is unknown. Any ideas or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Opt Design:

[Chipscope 16-119] Implementing debug core dbg_hub failed.

ERROR: An unknown error has occured while implementing debug cores in this design.

Thank you!

Howard

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Many thanks Vinay and Vijay both for your ideas and suggestions, I had resolved the issue.

With the initial problem of long path directory under window, I copied the design folder another folder under C to make the directory path shorter. In stead of copying the design folder, I should have  File --> Archive Project.  By Archive Project, the "unknown error" has gone away.

Thanks,

Howard

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Howard,

If you are using windows, reduce the directory path length and give a try.

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
Hi,
Are you using supported OS? Please try recreating the project.
Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Hi Vinay and Vijay:

Thank you for your feedback.

I am using window 8, and initially I had the problem of a directory path length, as Vinay has suggested. I then copy the project to a different folder right under C directory, to make the path shorter. I then ran into this "unknown error".

If nothing else, I will try Vijay's suggestion of creating a new project.

Thanks,

Howard

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

The issue may occur if the Debug Hub in cache is out-of-sync and needs to be cleared with the following command.

update_ip_catalog clear_ip_cache

Can you try running the above command and check whether it helps?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Many thanks Vinay and Vijay both for your ideas and suggestions, I had resolved the issue.

With the initial problem of long path directory under window, I copied the design folder another folder under C to make the directory path shorter. In stead of copying the design folder, I should have  File --> Archive Project.  By Archive Project, the "unknown error" has gone away.

Thanks,

Howard

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
Hi,
Thanks for sharing the solution. Please mark your post as solution in the interest of other users.
Thanks,Vijay
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Is this a valid command? It fails to run at my end.

update_ip_catalog clear_ip_cache

Also regarding the failure above with "unknown error", using all the suggested solution above did not help. The problem got resolved when I added the header file "`include "cs_ver_inc.v"" to the top level design. 

0 Kudos