cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwww
Visitor
Visitor

Vivado 2014.4 Hardware Manager is unable to program device if path contains space

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed that if bitstream is placed in a directory with space in the path, the Hardware manager in Vivado 2014.4 fails to program the device? See the attached screenshot. The directory path has a space between "n  s"; however, Vivado doesn't interpret the tcl command correctly where it removes the space and fails to find the location of the bitstream.

The same tcl commands work in Vivado 2014.2. Seems like a bug with the latest version to me. 

vivado_2014_4_space_prg_failure.png
0 Kudos
2 Replies
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

I am posting my answer to the webcase here for benifit of other users.

This issue has been reported to factory earlier and it will be fixed in Vivado 2015.1. I just checked this in 2015.1 internal build and confirmed the same.

Vivado 2015.1 has been scheduled for release on April 15th 2015 (tentative date).

Hope this info helps.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
oconnella
Visitor
Visitor

Having a similar but different problem in Vivado 2020.1

vivadonotescapingspaces.PNG
0 Kudos