UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Vivado 2014.4 error

When I'm trying to program n24Q128 4x SPI flash attached to xc7a200t, critical error occurs.

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Vivado v2014.4 (64-bit)
# SW Build 1071353 on Tue Nov 18 18:29:27 MST 2014
# Current time: 7/10/15 10:20:56 AM
# Process ID: 3844
# Platform: Windows
#
# This report is an indication that an internal application error occurred.
# This information is useful for debugging. Please open a case with Xilinx
# Technical Support with this file and a testcase attached.
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at ui.g.e.c.m.paneExpanded(SourceFile:113)
    at com.jidesoft.pane.CollapsiblePane.fireCollapsiblePaneEvent(Unknown Source)
    at com.jidesoft.pane.CollapsiblePane.setCollapsed(Unknown Source)
    at com.jidesoft.plaf.basic.BasicCollapsiblePaneUI$1.animationEnds(Unknown Source)
    at com.jidesoft.swing.Animator.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$400(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at ui.frmwork.a.e.dispatchEvent(SourceFile:75)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

It happens every time and looks like that configuration that has already booted into FPGA (let's call it "A") cause this error because the only way to program this flash I  know is to program this FPGA directly with another configuration "B" and then to program a file to the flash. Attempt to program the flash when "A" is booted on the FPGA, always cause this error.

There is not only one configuration "A" which causes this error. I have few of them but I haven't found the reason yet.

Ilya
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Vivado 2014.4 error

This internal exception sometimes also occurs when I'm opening hardware manager but in this case it doesn't look so harmful because everything looks good and working.

Ilya
0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

@siticompany Can you try with the Vivado 2015.2? I didnt get your point in the last post can you please tell me your observation of this crash?

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

I've just migrated to Vivado 2015.2 and I haven't seen this crash on it yet. I'll tell you if I do.

I meant that this crash is observed in two situations:

1. When I'm opening hadware manager this internal exception occurs sometimes but if I choose to continue working (in error message window) all looks good. At least debugging cores works. This situation occurs only with particular project opened in Vivado.

2. When I'm trying to program SPI flash while certain configuration is booted to the FPGA connected to this flash. When this case happens, mcs file doesn't programs.

The only way to manage with second situation I've found is to reprogram directly this FPGA with bit file from another project and then reprogram flash with my mcs file.

Ilya
0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

@siticompany Okay, Please keep us posted if you come across

-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos