UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vivado 2016.2 Crashes with Pure Virtual Function Call

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am using Vivado 2016.2 in batch mode and Vivado keeps crashing with "Pure Virtual Function Call" error messages. When this error message appears, the typical last messages are as follows:

Start Applying 'set_property' XDC Constraints

or

INFO: [Synth 8-5580] Multithreading enabled for synth_design using a maximum of 2 processes.

I am using Windows Server 2012 R2.

Also, if I reboot the system, the first run will usually go through with no problem, but all subsequent runs will fail. Does anyone knows anything I might help with this issue?

Thank you.

Regards,

Peter Chen

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Vivado 2016.2 Crashes with Pure Virtual Function Call

Jump to solution

Hi @avt_peter_chen,

If the Vivado 2016.2 installed machine does not have supported OS for this Vivado version, than this might be the root cause of this type of crash. Check the supported OS for Vivado 2016.2 mentioned in the below link.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/54242.html

Regards,

hemangd

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @avt_peter_chen,

If the Vivado 2016.2 installed machine does not have supported OS for this Vivado version, than this might be the root cause of this type of crash. Check the supported OS for Vivado 2016.2 mentioned in the below link.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/54242.html

Regards,

hemangd

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @hemangd,

Thank you for your response.

From the link I see that none of the windows server os is supported. Does this mean windows server os should not be used and will not be supported by the design tools?

Also, from my experience, the build does work right after a system reboot. The build only start failing after a build has been completed. This suggests that the tool should work on the os.

Regards,

Peter Chen

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @avt_peter_chen,

It might work with Windows server 2012 OS but Xilinx recommend to use the OS what are suggested in that AR. Because Vivado is fully tested and verified with those OS.

Regards,

hemangd

Regards,
hemangd

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @hemangd,

Okay, I will give it a try.

Regards,

Peter Chen

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi ,

Sure you can try. 

Once your issue resolves, make sure you close this thread by marking as accepted solution. 

Regards,

hemangd

Regards,
hemangd

0 Kudos