UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer mfrancis
Observer

Vivado 2019.1:- ILA Waveform Radix

Hi

in my ILA waveform i have the signals radix set as signed decimal. When i do a export ILA data to CSV file it only saves it as HEX. 

How can i save to CSV in decimal format?

are there any TCL scripts to do this?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Observer mfrancis
Observer

Re: Vivado 2019.1:- ILA Waveform Radix

I came across this question in the forum from 2015 and one of the repies was this was being added i.e the ability to save in the same format you have the ILA set up as. any reason why this has not been done?
0 Kudos

I think you have a misunderstanding. Storing format and representation are different. For example, a float is stored with an awkard format for humans, and it is represented as we like it. 

If it helps, you can open a CSV with excel, the there is a function HEX2DEC or something like that.

0 Kudos
Observer mfrancis
Observer

Hi
thanks for the reply. but no misunderstaning. .
Its really the format i have selected to show my data in a ILA waveform is saved as that format in a file.

Now i have to save the csv file, and the least i have to do is write a python script to read and convert. I cant see why Vivado can not include a script in its tools that does it for me.
0 Kudos

Ok, I got it. My misunderstanding actually. By 'saved' you meant 'saved to the CSV' I understood 'saved in memory'

Yeah, Python will surely save the World

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Its TCL that saved the universe !!! :->
seriously , dont hod out hope for Xilinx to add features to anything apart from Vitis for the next few years.
<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>

In TCL we trust

Hi @mfrancis,

Could you please check that you are correctly setting the waveforms to decimal? And you are exporting it to CSV, right?

I have personally worked on it before and had the developers fix it (that was a couple years ago, I think).

I just opened Vivado 2019.1 with an ILA design and performed a test. I have a counter that just counts up to 127 and then restarts from 0.

I set the Radix for that probe to HEX, Binary, and Unsigned Decimal, and exported the data to CSV for each case. The data was saved in the correct format in all cases (see images below).

ILA_export_HEX.pngHEX

ILA_export_BIN.pngBinary

ILA_export_Decimal.pngUnsigned Decimal

Thanks,

Andre Guerrero

Product Applications Engineer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------