cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Vivado 2019.x Hardware Manager GUI very slow.

Collogues and I noticed that the Hardware Manager GUI to capture ILA waveform is now very slow to react to mouse clocks and commands.

You select a signal, and will take several seconds before it highlights, same for zoom, resize, run, … very annoying.

This started with Vivado 2019.1, I am using it in Windows 10, and we tried in different systems, same problem.

I also noticed that the *.ltx file format did change, used to be in XML, so my guess is that a lot was changed from 2018.x versions.

Anybody else is experiencing the same?

5 Replies

Re: Vivado 2019.x Hardware Manager GUI very slow.

I also suffer from this problem.

It's too slow.

Plz. Fix this bug.

------------------------

Windows 7 64bit

Xeon E5-2620 / 80GB RAM

Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I second this, it is really a pain to work with...

BTW: I have other ILA usability issues, e.g.:
- capture waveforms disappear when the target is powered down
- when you start a compilation, you cannot restart the hardware manager, because the .ltx files are deleted at the start of a compilation

Regards,

Thomas

Highlighted

Same here

Win10, 6820HQ + 16GB DDR4.

Thought of making any change inside waveform widget is terrifying

Problem is really annoying and takes time of analysis from tens of sec.onds to more than few minutes.

edit: @tentner true, just triggering all logic analyzers before interaction helps a bit

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

In the meantime I found out that the worst case is when there is no waveform captured at all.
Therefore I always click ">>" first to make an immediate capture - than the GUI appears to be more responsive.
(But still the whole user interface of Vivado feels very slow, a click here, wait 10 seconds, then a click there, wait another 10 seconds,... When I work on older projects with Quartus, especially SignalTap, it is such a contrast...)
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Providing an update on this issue, I had a skype conference call with Xilinx and they were able to verify the problem and narrow down the area where to fix. They opened the Change Request CR-1057087 and requested it to be resolved in Vivado 2020.1.