UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer deanyu
Observer

Vivado reported ERROR when analyzing debug core

Dear all:

I am using Vivado 2013.2, and it reported error when analyzing debug core in debug stage, as described in attache picture. Some backgrounds:

1. bit file is generated by Vivado 2012.4 on Linux Server, and I used Vivado 2013.2 for further debug with personal PC and Win7 OS;

2. debug core is generated successfully in PR stage. However, the clock port of the ILA core is a little special. It's not a fixed-frequency clock, but a dynamic-frequency clock. The MMCM can be re-configured dynamicly. I don't know whether this is the root cause.

3. on my debug PC, bit files can be programmed successfully, and Vivado can detect these 4 chips as well. But each time I tried to debug, it will report error.

expecting your answers, thans a lot!

err.jpg
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Vivado reported ERROR when analyzing debug core

Hi,

Run the following tcl command and observe the output: get_hw_targets */xilinx_tcf/Digilent/201401202200A

Thanks,
Vinay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

The value of frequency should be provided as below.

Capture.PNG

If you want to provide blanck value {} should be inclused as below.

set_property PARAM.FREQUENCY {} [get_hw_targets */xilinx_tcf/Digilent/201401202200A]

0 Kudos
Observer deanyu
Observer

Dear Pulim:
I was using the GUI mode, and what I did is: open hw session --> open a new target --> next --> next ... until the last step.
Yes, I changed the PARAM.FREQUENCY from 15M to lower, because my working frequency is 10M, if I use high sample frequency, the ILA core may not be able to capture trigger, but remain "ARMED" stage.
So I think this "set frequency" tcl command is generated by Vivado itself, not me. Suppose it won't cause a problem.
0 Kudos
Observer deanyu
Observer

Dear Vuppala:
OK, I will try this command. and paste more info here.
0 Kudos