Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Vivado reported ERROR when analyzing debug core

Dear all:

I am using Vivado 2013.2, and it reported error when analyzing debug core in debug stage, as described in attache picture. Some backgrounds:

1. bit file is generated by Vivado 2012.4 on Linux Server, and I used Vivado 2013.2 for further debug with personal PC and Win7 OS;

2. debug core is generated successfully in PR stage. However, the clock port of the ILA core is a little special. It's not a fixed-frequency clock, but a dynamic-frequency clock. The MMCM can be re-configured dynamicly. I don't know whether this is the root cause.

3. on my debug PC, bit files can be programmed successfully, and Vivado can detect these 4 chips as well. But each time I tried to debug, it will report error.

expecting your answers, thans a lot!

err.jpg
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Vivado reported ERROR when analyzing debug core

Hi,

Run the following tcl command and observe the output: get_hw_targets */xilinx_tcf/Digilent/201401202200A

Thanks,
Vinay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

The value of frequency should be provided as below.

Capture.PNG

If you want to provide blanck value {} should be inclused as below.

set_property PARAM.FREQUENCY {} [get_hw_targets */xilinx_tcf/Digilent/201401202200A]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Dear Pulim:
I was using the GUI mode, and what I did is: open hw session --> open a new target --> next --> next ... until the last step.
Yes, I changed the PARAM.FREQUENCY from 15M to lower, because my working frequency is 10M, if I use high sample frequency, the ILA core may not be able to capture trigger, but remain "ARMED" stage.
So I think this "set frequency" tcl command is generated by Vivado itself, not me. Suppose it won't cause a problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Dear Vuppala:
OK, I will try this command. and paste more info here.
0 Kudos