cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
devParksogang
Visitor
Visitor

Vivado write_bitstream - ERROR: Unspecified I/O Standard - X out of Y logical ports use I/O standard (IOSTANDARD) value 'DEFAULT

Hello, I am starter for vivado and FPGA(Liberton FPGA starter kit 3).

I'm trying to make simple project and realize it by FPGA, but when I tried write bitstream, it failed to do so with error message below.

[DRC NSTD-1] Unspecified I/O Standard: 4 out of 4 logical ports use I/O standard (IOSTANDARD) value 'DEFAULT', instead of a user assigned specific value. This may cause I/O contention or incompatibility with the board power or connectivity affecting performance, signal integrity or in extreme cases cause damage to the device or the components to which it is connected. To correct this violation, specify all I/O standards. This design will fail to generate a bitstream unless all logical ports have a user specified I/O standard value defined. To allow bitstream creation with unspecified I/O standard values (not recommended), use this command: set_property SEVERITY {Warning} [get_drc_checks NSTD-1]. NOTE: When using the Vivado Runs infrastructure (e.g. launch_runs Tcl command), add this command to a .tcl file and add that file as a pre-hook for write_bitstream step for the implementation run. Problem ports: c, s, x, and y.

Addidtion to that, there was critical warning message as below:

[Common 17-170] Unknown option '-dict{PACKAGE_PIN', please type 'set_property -help' for usage info.

In spite of what the error message says, I believe I did all I can do with xdc file and windows I/o port. I think  I set all ports with specific values .

devParksogang_0-1618812839343.png

Does anyone can advise me of what I did wrong? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
tenzinc

You need to manually specify the IOSTANDARD To LVCMOS33 from the drop down under the IOSTANDARD column. Then save the design and update it. Your XDC should auto update with the relevant constraints. Also you are not using "-dict" correctly so vivado will complain. 

Regards,

T

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Get started FAST with our UltraFAST design methodoly guides and don't forget to visit our Xilinx Design Hubs for additional resources and reference.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos