cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

WARNING:iMPACT:923 - Can not find cable, check cable setup !

Hi all,

I encountered this error when attempting to connect the board using iMPACT JTAG.

Enumerating cables. Please wait.
PROGRESS_START - Starting Operation.
Connecting to cable (Usb Port - USB21).
Checking cable driver.
Source driver files not found.
The Platform Cable USB is not detected. Please connect a cable.If a cable is connected, please disconnect
and reconnect to the usb port, follow the instructions in the 'Found New Hardware Wizard', then retry
the Cable Setup operation.
PROGRESS_END - End Operation.
Elapsed time = 1 sec.
GUI --- Auto connect to cable...
AutoDetecting cable. Please wait.
*** WARNING ***: When port is set to auto detect mode, cable speed is set to default 6 MHz regardless of explicit arguments supplied for setting the baud rates
PROGRESS_START - Starting Operation.
Connecting to cable (Usb Port - USB21).
Checking cable driver.
Source driver files not found.
The Platform Cable USB is not detected. Please connect a cable.If a cable is connected, please disconnect
and reconnect to the usb port, follow the instructions in the 'Found New Hardware Wizard', then retry
the Cable Setup operation.
Cable connection failed.
Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT1).
Checking cable driver.
Driver windrvr6.sys version = 10.2.1.0. WinDriver v10.21 Jungo (c) 1997 - 2010 Build Date: Aug 31 2010 x86_64 64bit SYS 14:14:44, version = 1021.
Cable connection failed.
Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT2).
Checking cable driver.
Driver windrvr6.sys version = 10.2.1.0. WinDriver v10.21 Jungo (c) 1997 - 2010 Build Date: Aug 31 2010 x86_64 64bit SYS 14:14:44, version = 1021.
Cable connection failed.
Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT3).
Checking cable driver.
Cable connection failed.
Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT4).
Checking cable driver.
Cable connection failed.
PROGRESS_END - End Operation.
Elapsed time = 1 sec.
Cable autodetection failed.
WARNING:iMPACT:923 - Can not find cable, check cable setup !Enumerating cables. Please wait.

Some background:

1. Digilent driver installed, appears in device manager

2. Using ISE 14.3 nt64, iMPACT 14.3 nt64

3. No dim yellow light on status LED

4. Using latest webpack licencse

5. Board is Spartan 6 LX9 under SP605 Evaluation Kit

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

Re: WARNING:iMPACT:923 - Can not find cable, check cable setup !

Some background:

1. Digilent driver installed, appears in device manager

Digilent driver not needed or useful for SP605 board.  You connect to the SP605 board with a simple USB-A to USB-miniB cable (included with the SP605 kit).

If you are using a Spartan-6 LX9 MicroBoard, then you would indeed need to install the Digilent USB driver.

2. Using ISE 14.3 nt64, iMPACT 14.3 nt64

3. No dim yellow light on status LED

Please provide context.  This status LED is found on which board or  device?

4. Using latest webpack licencse

Well, you are using ISE 14.3, yes?  Latest version is 14.7.

5. Board is Spartan 6 LX9 under SP605 Evaluation Kit

SP605 is based on Spartan-6 LX45T device, not LX9.

Spartan-6 LX9 device is used in the LX9 MicroBoard.  Is this what you have?

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi eteam00,

I've changed the project settings > device to XC6SLX9, tried to connect using iMPACT but failed nonetheless. 

And yeah, the digilent USB driver has already been installed and enabled.

Any other advice? Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

I asked this, but you did not answer:  Are you using a Spartan-6 LX9 MicroBoard?

If yes, did you follow the steps in the Getting Started and Configuration Guide?  What were the results?

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi eteam00,

Firstly, yes, I am using a Spartan-6 LX9 microboard.

Secondly, I followed all the steps in Geting Started and Configuration guide; I need to connect via the JTAG so the steps in Getting Started (UART) are irrelevant; Followed the "Configuration and Programming using iMPACT with the on-board USB-JTAG Circuitry" procedures but no success. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @edmundtan ,

1. From the yellow light description i guess you are using a platform USB cable. The platform USB cable does not need digilent drivers. It needs Jungo Drivers.
  2. To check if jungo drivers are installed properly in your PC check the Device manager for the "Jungo Drivers"
  3. If you do not find the Jungo drivers, please try to re-install them with the below command.
  • In a command prompt browse to your C:/Xilinx/10.1/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/nt64 directory on 64-bit installs. i.e. type cd C:/Xilinx/10.1/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/nt
  • To uninstall the jungo drivers type the command:  wdreg -compat -inf windrvr6.inf uninstall
  • To reinstall the jungo drivers type the command:  wdreg -compat -inf windrvr6.inf install

For more information check the AR - http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/44397.html

Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

From the yellow light description i guess you are using a platform USB cable. The platform USB cable does not need digilent drivers. It needs Jungo Drivers.

The LX9 MicroBoard has an onboard USB-JTAG bridge (Atmel ATMega) device, and it is not a Xilinx USB Platform Cable.  It is a Digilent design, and the Digilent cable driver is required.  If you want more information about the LX9 Microboard, there are links posted in this thread.

There is a conventional JTAG header on the bottom of the board to which a conventional Xilinx USB Platform Cable might be attached, but I do not think the original poster is using this connector.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:

Summary:
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

I will not be of much help to you. I have never used the Digilent tools, or the LX9 MicroBoard.

Suggestions:

• Uninstall or disable the Jungo driver if you are not using a Xilinx USB Platform Cable.
  • Consult the Digilent folks for support of this design.
  • Consider setting iMPACT aside for a moment, and try the Digilent Adept software.  See if the MicroBoard's USB-JTAG device is recognised.

Good luck, and happy hunting!

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:

Summary:
0 Kudos