UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor taskingokhan
Visitor

WLF Error

My ModelSim version is 5.8c ( Windows ) and i have a dataset ( wlf file ) from Modelsim 5.8b ( Unix ). When i try to open it , modelsim gives "Wlf Error: Bad product number". What can i do?
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: WLF Error

i am also facing the same problem, can any body help me.

i am dumping wave form on UNIX os using modelsim se, and trying to open that in windows veersion...

0 Kudos
Visitor wastora
Visitor

I have the same problem. I used ModelSim SE 10.2a to generate a WLF file on a Linux computer. At home, I am trying to open this with ModelSim PE 10.2c on Windows. This is the error message:

# vsim -view <path to wlf>
# WLF Error: Bad product number: <path to wlf>
# Cannot open file: <path to wlf>

Is there a solution known for this problem besides using the same OS and ModelSim version on both computers? I just want to be able to see the waveform, if I can use a different program than ModelSim that would be ok too. 

0 Kudos

Please post your query on a Mentor/Modelsim forum. This forum is for Xilinx tools only.
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos