Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Waveform Data Read From ILA Core Is Corrupted

Hi,

I'm using VIVADO 2016.1 and I try to use VIO and ILA in a same design. At the beginning, I can read back data and display waveform from the ILA core. After I adding 4 new probes of signals into the ILA, then I can trigger it but it corrupted when it uploading data and no waveform been displayed. I can get the error message shown in the image below.

pic1

The clock connected to the ILA is a 200Mhz free running clock from a crystal, and the JTAG clock is a 6Mhz clock. I also tried a 3Mhz JTAG clock and it didn't work either. After that, I will try to reduce the number of signals connected to the ILA later. I wonder know the number limits that I can connect to the ILA core by the setup debug tool in VIVADO.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @dreamertom,

Is timing met for the design?

Thanks,
Arpan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

I find that I forget adding the clock timing constraints. I will try again after adding it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @dreamertom,

Please ensure all timing constraints are met before debugging and you have properly constrained all the paths.

Please check the below Answer record:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/62421.html 

Regards,

Sravanthi B

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @dreamertom,

Are you able to debug after taking care of timing constraints?

Thanks,
Arpan

0 Kudos