UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant bcarltontrex
Participant

Windows key arrow not active in detacted sub-windows (Vivado 2016.4, all phases)

For Windows 7-10 applications, the Windows key with the left, right, up, and down arrows shifts the window to the left half screen, then right half next monitor, the part of that monitor, then left half of that monitor. Windows-right does similar. Windows up and down have other functions.

Vivado does this for the whole Vivado windo. But when you detact a sub-window, it does not. This appears to be a bug.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Windows key arrow not active in detacted sub-windows (Vivado 2016.4, all phases)

Hi @bcarltontrex,

When you detact a sub-window, press 'Alt' and '-' sign (the one with the secondary underscore function) together to minimize and maximize this window.

Thanks,

Prathik

0 Kudos
Participant bcarltontrex
Participant

Re: Windows key arrow not active in detacted sub-windows (Vivado 2016.4, all phases)

@prathikmThat is true. But it doesn't address my concern. I'm not looking to maximize or minimize it, but instead fit to be half of a the monitor or move it between monitors in a 2+ monitor setup.

0 Kudos

Hi @bcarltontrex,

What you are talking about is for applications of "windows OS" that can be minimized, maximized, moved left and right (windows OS supported). Here the Vivado "window" - an application of Windows OS (7/10) does this perfectly.

But, the docked/floating window is within the tool vivado (main window). So for this, the tool has its independence to behave (within the tool) based on its features and not try to replicate the "Windows OS" behavior. In my opinion, this rules out the chances of a bug. 

Regards,

Prathik

0 Kudos
Participant bcarltontrex
Participant

@prathikm I see your point about it being within Vivado. Still when I have two Word windows open, they can be moved around as I describe. This is a useful and consistent feature. It may not be a bug, but it is something I expect from Windows windows, so if you want to call it a missing feature, that's valid. Regardless, I wish Vivado did this.

0 Kudos