UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant anatol
Participant

XPower Analyzer ignores VCD file

Hello!

I'm trying to estimate power for a small Spartan6 design (with PlanAhead from ISE suite 14.7).

I've made a .vcd file with ISim, I can see all the necessary signals logged in it with a text editor.

But when I try to give this file to XPA I see no evidence that it used the file at all - all the signal rates in 'Details' are blue, meaning that the rates aren't imported from a file, but 'estimated'.

My thought is that the problem is connected with hierarchy somehow.

I've wrote a module named 'root' that's an FPGA design, and 'root_tb' testbench with a root instance called 'dut'.

So. in .vcd file I see the lines

$scope module root_tb $end
$scope module dut $end

But in XPA in Details >> By Hierarchy the top module is called root_routed.

May be this is the problem, but I still can't make it work.

I've tried to replace the two lines in .vcd file with

$scope module root_routed $end

also I didn't forget to delete the corresponding

$upscope $end

line.

And some more variants... But still all the rates are estimated, not imported.

What am I doing wrong? How is this supposed to be done correctly? Is the problem really in hierarchy? If yes, what hierarchy does XPA expect?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Participant anatol
Participant

Re: XPower Analyzer ignores VCD file

Did anyone use  XPower analyzer with vcd files? Is it usable in such a way at all?

0 Kudos