UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

XSDK System Debugger, Exporting Memory Contentq

Hi there,

I am using the Vivado 2014.2 tool set.   I would like to be able to dump the contents of an DDR2 memory array to disk to support further analysis, such as plotting, FFT, Contellation etc..  The tools have a dump restore data file capability but this packs the data into a binary file.      I would be grateful if anyone could advise me on how to do this.  

Potentially I could write a program to read the bin file and extract the data, but I currently don't know the format for the bin dump file.

It would be very useful (in the intial stages of no os debugging)  if the Xilinx XSDK System Debugger supported plotting of memory arrays in the time and frequency domains.  TI's code composer which is also Eclipse based supports this debugging functionality.  

Regards

Walter

0 Kudos