cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Xilinx Platform Cable II is not working

Hi 

I am working on Vivado 2016.3. The software was working fine with downloading using USB Platform Cable II.

But after using it on another machine the patform cable is not at all professional.

Now when I connect it to my PC there is a repaeted sound (like make break) that USB has been detected

There is no LED neither yellow or green seen on the cable now

Please suggest a solution 

Regards

uzmeed

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Re: Xilinx Platform Cable II is not working

Check it on another computer and board and new USB cable.

Sounds like either the cable has broken, the unit has been fried, or the board is broken,
<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Cracky sounds from the platform cable... it can only sound to a funeral march I'm afraid...

I had lots of problems with that thing. I had to wipe a computer and reinstall from Windows just because of that thing not wanting to work anymore after a Vivado upgrade. That on top of several hours spent on trying to fix it.

I'm now using the Digilent HS3. Far more reliable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi @drjohnsmith 

I tried every option and every possible combination

from trying different cables ,different machines to reinstalling the derivers

But nothing worked

Some that is most wiered is that I had another cable that was not working with my laptop. I just took another cable that was working with desktop and connected to laptop; second cable also stopped working with same behaviour

Regards

uzmeed

0 Kudos