cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

"Failed to Scan JTAG Chain" error in SDK in ISE 14.7 installed in Windows 10, using Xilinx Platform Cable USB

Jump to solution

When I attempt to program flash in the SDK, I get a "Failed to Scan JTAG Chain" error from the SDK. We are using similar settings in a Windows 7 install that works fine. (Spartan 6/Microblaze). I tried deleting the Jungo driver (in the control panel device manager) and re-installing using the following commands in the Admin DOS prompt:

cd \Xlinx\14.7\ISE_DS\ISE\bin\nt64

wdreg -compat -inf %cd%\windrvr6.inf uninstall
wdreg -compat -inf %cd%\xusbdrvr.inf uninstall
wdreg -compat -inf %cd%\windrvr6.inf install
wdreg -compat -inf %cd%\xusbdrvr.inf install

This seems to work fine, but the result is still a "Failed to Scan JTAG Chain" error

Version info:

"Xilinx Software Development Kit

Release Version: Release 14.7 Build SDK_P.20131013"

Xilinx Platform Cable USB Model GLC9G (not the V2)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: "Failed to Scan JTAG Chain" error in SDK in ISE 14.7 installed in Windows 10, using Xilinx Platform Cable USB

Jump to solution

Hi @madmat90630,

About the ISE 14.7 version that you are using, did you just download it from the website and install it yourself or are you using the full Virtual Machine will ISE preinstalled?

If you installed the ISE yourself, unfortunately it's not supported, so these issues might be related to the incompatibility.

Would you be able to please install a VM Player, such as Virtual Box, and try to use the pre-configured VM?

Thank you,

Andre Guerrero

Product Applications Engineer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: "Failed to Scan JTAG Chain" error in SDK in ISE 14.7 installed in Windows 10, using Xilinx Platform Cable USB

Jump to solution

Hi @madmat90630,

About the ISE 14.7 version that you are using, did you just download it from the website and install it yourself or are you using the full Virtual Machine will ISE preinstalled?

If you installed the ISE yourself, unfortunately it's not supported, so these issues might be related to the incompatibility.

Would you be able to please install a VM Player, such as Virtual Box, and try to use the pre-configured VM?

Thank you,

Andre Guerrero

Product Applications Engineer

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

The environment was installed by our IT people before I got here. I uninstalled the unsupported version and installed the ISE 14.7 in the Oracle VM. All very painful, as I do not have admin privs on this machine.

0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

It really should be noted that the pre-configured VMDK does not support the Platform Cable USB or Platform Cable USB-2 out of the box. Although you can generate a bitstream and software binary (with the SDK), you are left with no way to flash those two things to your board. The forum has noted that Vivado will program the bitstream into the FPGA, but will *not* program the software to attached EPROMs. 

I am presently getting by with a Windows 7 machine with the last version of ISE 14.7 using iMPACT.

I am going to try to get W7 running inside a VM and get the Platform Cables working there with ISE 14.7, when I have more time. 

0 Kudos