Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hessamk
Visitor
Visitor

analyzer.sh: command not found

Hi,

I have Ubuntu 10.10 and ISE 13.2 on my computer. Everything works fine except the Chipscope analyzer. When I double click on "Analyze Design Using Chipscope" on my ISE, I see the message that "Process "Analyze Design Using Chipscope" launched successfully", But nothing shows up. When I type "analyzer" in my terminal, I see the error message "analyzer.sh: command not found". I searched for this file in my Xilinx installation folder but it was not found!! I have also installed ISE 12.4 on my system but same problem happended. How can I solve this problem??

Thanks for your help,
Hessam

0 Kudos
14 Replies
hessamk
Visitor
Visitor

I thought this may also be helpful to figure out the problem. 

I tried to add a "Chipscope Definition and Connection File" to my project and I got the following error message:

Started : "Creating ChipScope Definition File".
Running inserter...
Command Line: inserter -intstyle ise -mode initial -proj /home/hessam/Leon3/grlib-gpl-1.1.0-b4108/designs/leon3-xilinx-ml605/chipscope.cdc -p xc6vlx240t -output_dir _ngo -ise_project_dir /home/hessam/Leon3/grlib-gpl-1.1.0-b4108/designs/leon3-xilinx-ml605
/opt/Xilinx/13.2/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/lin/unwrapped/cs_common.sh: 76: XIL_DIRS[0]=/opt/Xilinx/13.2/ISE_DS/ISE/: not found
/opt/Xilinx/13.2/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/lin/unwrapped/cs_common.sh: 76: count++: not found
/opt/Xilinx/13.2/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/lin/unwrapped/cs_common.sh: 152: Syntax error: Bad for loop variable
ERROR: Unable to create CDC source

Process "Creating ChipScope Definition File" failed

Thanks,

Hessam

0 Kudos
hessamk
Visitor
Visitor

I solved the problem after I chat with Xilinx support. In case anyone else has the same problem, I have done couple of steps to solve the problem and I don't exactly know which one did the main job:

1- I had this line in my .bashrc which I commented it out "alias analyzer='AWT_TOOLKIT=MToolkit analyzer.sh'"

2- I set the XIL_CS_JRE equal to /usr

3- I ran this command "source /opt/Xilinx/13.3/ISE_DS/settings32.sh" which I think I was running it in my .bashrc file for some reason it was not effective

0 Kudos
fransschreuder
Participant
Participant

I am having exactly the same problem:

Command Line: inserter -intstyle ise -mode initial -proj /home/schreuder/elektronica/Panda/E11_011_G910_Compute_Node_ATCA/cn/ise/cn_0/chipscope.cdc -p xc4vfx60 -output_dir _ngo -ise_project_dir /home/schreuder/elektronica/Panda/E11_011_G910_Compute_Node_ATCA/cn/ise/cn_0
/opt/Xilinx/13.3/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/lin64/unwrapped/cs_common.sh: 76: XIL_DIRS[0]=/opt/Xilinx/13.3/ISE_DS/ISE/: not found
/opt/Xilinx/13.3/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/lin64/unwrapped/cs_common.sh: 76: count++: not found
/opt/Xilinx/13.3/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/lin64/unwrapped/cs_common.sh: 152: Syntax error: Bad for loop variable
ERROR: Unable to create CDC source

however the steps you described above don't solve my problem. any more steps?

0 Kudos
rcingham
Teacher
Teacher

What OS?

------------------------------------------
"If it don't work in simulation, it won't work on the board."
0 Kudos
phonenaing
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi,

I'm also having the same problem inserting chipscope core in ISE. i'm using ISE12.2 in Ubuntu 10.04. I followed the steps mentioned above, but it doesn't solve the problem. Can anyone suggest here?

PN

0 Kudos
xkosar

Hi,

I have solved this problem on Debian 6.0.4 with ISE 13.2 by running the analyzer script by this command:

bash /opt/Xilinx/13.2/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/lin64/unwrapped/analyzer

The analyzer script uses bash syntax and features but has an incorrect line at start: #!/bin/sh instead of #!/bin/bash. To permanently solve this issue change the first line of the script to #!/bin/bash.

VK

Tags (2)
pafisep
Visitor
Visitor

Once again this DAMNED error?

Why do people keep on doing this? :robotmad:

If you use bash features make sure your script calls bash!  

I love bash but bash is not the only shell around!!!

Sorry for the rant, but I have been bitten by this bug many times....  

And the error is usually on one script out of dozens...

Or hidden inside a Makefile that calls sh...

Paulo Ferreira

0 Kudos
pirminvogel

Thank you xkosar! Your hint solved the problem.

0 Kudos
ion_berkley
Visitor
Visitor

Just so it's clear for others finding this thread, the script that needs to be corrected to use bash is /opt/Xilinx/13.1/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/lin/unwrapped/analyzer not  /opt/Xilinx/13.1/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/lin/unwrapped/cs_common.sh

0 Kudos
jovliegen
Contributor
Contributor

Thx for making this clear (that it's analyzer you should alter and not the other one :))

0 Kudos
franj
Visitor
Visitor

Hi all. I have the same problem when adding a "ChipScope definition and connection file". I have tried the solutions proposed here, but none of them worked for me, I still get the same error. Any ideas on what to do? Many thanks.

I'm using Ubuntu Server 11.10 and ISE 13.4 (lin64).

0 Kudos
matthias.bgg

It seems that I got it solved through changing all scripts in $XILINX/14.4/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/lin64/unwrapped from /bin/sh to /bin/bash

Quite anoying error though.

0 Kudos
pafisep
Visitor
Visitor

Why has not this has been corrected?  

It is a very simple thing for Xilinx to do.  

Please change #!/bin/sg to #!/bin/bash  when the script uses bash features!

Please!  It is so easy!   

My best regards

0 Kudos
mamisadegh3
Explorer
Explorer

Just to emphasize , ( as mentioned before )

So the beginning line of the script:

/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/lin64/unwrapped/analyzer

should change from #!/bin/sh to #!/bin/bash

0 Kudos