UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chipscope 12.1 problem

my chipscope can not detect the JTAG chain, while the impact can detect the chip, i do not know what is the matter and how tto solute it, waiting your help.

the info of chipscope: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INFO: ChipScope Pro Analyzer Version: 12.1 M.53d (Build 12100.10.99.1220)

COMMAND: open_cable

INFO: Attempting to connect to an existing server.

INFO: Successfully opened connection to server: localhost:50001 (localhost/127.0.0.1)

INFO: Trying to open Xilinx Platform USB Cable on port USB2

ERROR: Communication with server failed: java.nio.BufferOverflowException

ERROR: client/server communication not open.

ERROR: Failed detecting JTAG device chain

ERROR: Opened Xilinx Platform USB Cable but failed to detect JTAG Chain.

INFO: Trying to open Xilinx Parallel Cable on port LPT1

ERROR: Internal Error - runCseThread method() failedjava.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0

ERROR: Communication with server failed: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: chipscope 12.1 problem

I think this is covered in AR 22210.

ChipScope communicates with the cable via a client/server TCP/IP interface. By default, this communication is on TCP port 50001. Many antivirus and firewall programs prevent this type of communication. You must uninstall or disable the antivirus or security software and allow TCP/IP communication in order to use ChipScope.

Another solution to this problem, and I highly recommend this, is to attempt communication on another TCP/IP port. You can do this by launching the server manually (follow the "Analyzer Server Interface" section of the ChipScope Pro User's Guide).

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/22210.htm

Good luck,

Roy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Observer moberg
Observer

Re: chipscope 12.1 problem

Make sure you are not hogging the JTAG connection with for example XMD.

(I know this is an old thread but the answer can still help someone)