UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

how to use Vivado packaged IP parsing pcore source file with order

Jump to solution

I want to migrate xps ip core to vivado 2014.1 , this ip core is writed by our company . But it's so big , source code about 10000+ line. It have some define files ,  compile order must right .

But when I use vivado package IP . guided by Lab 5 "Converting Legacy EDK IP to Use in IP Integrator" from ug940-vivado-tutorial-embedded-design.pdf. 

After "create and package new IP" dialoge , It told me parsing error ! more and more define value could not find.

In xps , it have *.pao file , but in vivado , what file do that things?

in ug940-vivado-tutorial-embedded-design.pdf , it said if a data/*pao file is present , this file is read and assoiated library information are used, as is the case for this edk pcore ip . I don't know it's mean?  but the result mydata/ *.pao file does not worked in vivado !

In vivado , what file do that things? define the compile order like xps pao file.

Thanks in Advance !

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar stephenm
Scholar

Re: how to use Vivado packaged IP parsing pcore source file with order

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

paste some message :

CRITICAL WARNING: [HDL 9-870] Macro <TX_EN_WIDTH> is not defined. [C:/vivado_ip/pcores/axi_s_ip_v1_00_a/hdl/verilog/axi_s_ip.v:260]
ERROR: [IP_Flow 19-259] [HACGPHdlInterfaceParser] Failed analyze operation while parsing HDL.
ERROR: [IP_Flow 19-258] [HDL Parser] Error parsing HDL file [C:/vivado_ip/pcores/axi_s_ip_v1_00_a/hdl/verilog/axi_s_ip.v].
WARNING: [IP_Flow 19-965] There are no component ports to infer bus interfaces.
WARNING: [IP_Flow 19-378] There are no ports found from top-level file axi_s_ip.v.
ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'ipx::package_project' failed due to earlier errors.

My question is : In vivado , which file of ip core define the compile order like xps pao file do.

thanks!

0 Kudos
Scholar stephenm
Scholar

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Is there have file to define the compile order in Vivado. I want find the second way define synthesize source file order Except the manner from GUI .
If have more source files( >30). In GUI it will be very slow and not efficiency when you create a new project or move it to another project.

0 Kudos