Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

iMPACT "Generate File..." Goes Away

Jump to solution

I used the iMPACT GUI to create an SPI  PROM file (*.mcs). I was able to add my  FPGA configuration file (download.bit) and 3 data files (*.mem). The “Generate File…” process was available and it successfully created the *.mcs fie. However, after I saved and closed the iMPACT project and then reopened it, “Generate File…”  is no longer available. What is going on? I want to be able to regenerate the *.mcs file using the original iMPACT project settings without having to recreate it from scratch.

The version of iMPACTis 9.2.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried clicking everywhere and “Generate File…" never appears when you reopen the project. This looks like a bug in the 9.2 version of iMPACT . Since I don’t need to do this very often, I’ll recreate the project each time I need to make a new PROM file. Later on, I’ll update to the latest version that hopefully fixed this problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I suppose you just need to select the PROM in the GUI and relevant options will be available. Otherwise a right click on the PROM should give you available operations.

If this is still not working then you should try a newer version of iMPACT. See "Lab Tools - 12.2 Product Update" from http://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.htm.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Click on the right half part of the 'PROM File Formatter' window, can you see the 'Generate File...' operation apprears?

This works in 12.2. I did not test 9.2i.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried clicking everywhere and “Generate File…" never appears when you reopen the project. This looks like a bug in the 9.2 version of iMPACT . Since I don’t need to do this very often, I’ll recreate the project each time I need to make a new PROM file. Later on, I’ll update to the latest version that hopefully fixed this problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos