UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant jychang.edi
Participant

iMPACT relative path

Jump to solution

How do you specify a relative path in iMPACT, specifically for the .bit and output file?

I created a second workspace/client/checkout, but the iMPACT project file is using absolute paths and still refers to the first workspace/client/checkout path locations, which causes the wrong .bit file to be used and then output to the wrong location.

I tried poking around iMPACT and its help, but couldn't find anything to specify relative path.  ISE is set to use relative paths, but this does not seem to be inherited by iMPACT.  I tried modifying the path manually by editing the .ipf file in a text editor, but when I do this iMPACT can not load the project.

-Joseph
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question.
Please give "Kudos" to posts you find helpful.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: iMPACT relative path

Jump to solution

Hi Joseph,

It is a known issue with IMPACT.
The only way is to use absolute paths.

FYI.. Most probably, this is not fixed since there are no more impact releases.

Thanks,
Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
Tags (2)
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: iMPACT relative path

Jump to solution

Hi Joseph,

It is a known issue with IMPACT.
The only way is to use absolute paths.

FYI.. Most probably, this is not fixed since there are no more impact releases.

Thanks,
Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
Tags (2)