UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer dbarker
Observer

ila won't trigger

Hello,

I've got an ila configured but it won't trigger.  A week ago it worked just fine but since then it has gone into a state where it simply won't trigger and I've spent the last whole week trying to figure out why  I've used both the IP integrator ila blocks as well as marking nets after synthesis and the result is the same.

I've tapped multiple points in different clock domains over the last week - same result.  Sometimes if I click 'run' with no trigger spec, and then click 'stop' it will return some waveforms.  Other times it returns no waveform and the following message:

WARNING:  [Labtools 27-157] hw_ila [hw_ila_1] stopped.  No data to upload.

Right now I have it connected to a counter.  The output of the counter flashes an LED, so I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the circuit is working and the clock is free running, exists and is working.  The ila won't trigger or return waveforms in this case, I just get the above message in the TCL console.

The implementation runs on a Zynq at 400 MHz.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I've tried everything I can think of

Thanks

Doug

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: ila won't trigger

Can you try slowing down the jtag frequency? Also you can try removing the .HW directory this will clean up debug configurations saved by Vivado and force it to be recreated.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Observer dbarker
Observer

Thanks for the reply.  I just reduced the JTAG speed to 1 MHz and that made no difference.  I've also blown away the whole project - except for my source code, the *.xci files for the various IP cores I'm using and the *.bd file for the top level block design.  This has not made any difference either - same result.  I'm currently re-creating a new block design to see if that will make a change ...

It would seem that the JTAG interface works fine because I can program the device with no problem.

Doug

0 Kudos
Observer dbarker
Observer

I've re-created a simplified block design with the flashing LED and I get the same result - no trigger, no waveform.  This is something that worked a week ago ... Can it be something with the USB driver?  Doesn't seem plausible given that I can program the device correctly.  At this point I've basically started from scratch and got no joy.  any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Doug

0 Kudos
Observer dbarker
Observer

Turns out the problem must be in the USB driver somehow  because I can move the files to my windows computer and it works.

Doug

0 Kudos