UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer creedxilinx
Observer

rebuilding an reference design to add chipscope

I am running the PCIE reference design on an ML605 board.  I would like to look at differnt points in the design using chipscope, but I'm not sure how to rebuild the design.  The design that is generated by IP core is implemented using

a script to generate the bitfile.  I'm trying to find the IPCore generated project or verilog source that instantiates the PCIE core that was generated so that I can build a project in ISE to add chipscope in to look at the data as it moves through the

design.

The implementation script and the windows command file it uses are attached in case it helps to identify a file that could be pulled into an ISE project to add chipscope.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: rebuilding an reference design to add chipscope

Chipscope issues are covered at the Design Tools - Others forum:

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-Tools-Others/bd-p/OTHER

0 Kudos

Re: rebuilding an reference design to add chipscope

If you want to do the project from RTL level, look for a file named: xilinx_pcie_2_0_ep_v6.prj in your project directory. Open that. You would see a list of files. Go ahead and create a new project in ISE and add those files. Top module should be xilinx_pcie_2_0_ep_v6. Additional Synthesis settings:
-ifmt VERILOG
-use_dsp48 no
-bufg 0
-opt_mode SPEED
-opt_level 2
-max_fanout 100
-use_sync_reset yes
-uc xilinx_pcie_2_0_ep_v6.xcf

For the switch details refer to XST User Guide online.
You can then use the CDC flow to add chipscope and debug.

Alternately, you can also just add the synthesized xilinx_pcie_2_0_ep_v6.ngc file and then add CDC file to set-up chipscope (but it wont be a RTL project). Ensure you select EDIF/NGC when creating the project.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos