cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

where is the "IP Integrator" in vivado 2013.1??

hi

i can not find the  "IP Integrator" in vivado 2013.1 following the files of ug898-vivado-embedded-design

in the tcl command, i type:

create_bd_cell  -type ip  -vlnv xilinx.com:ip:microblaze:9.0 microblaze_1

acordding to the page 43 of the document,

it returns

invalid command name "create_bd_cell"

i install "Xilinx_Vivado_2013.1_0328_1"

do i install the right packages???

vivado2013.1.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Re: where is the "IP Integrator" in vivado 2013.1??

I have some problem at Linux and Windows x64(

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Greetings,

The answer is in ug898 that you refer to: page4 chapter 1, Introduction:
Note: This document contains information about the new Vivado IP integrator environment, which is a licensed early access feature in the 2013.1 release. Please contact your field applications engineer to obtain a license.

Otherwise wait a future release.
HTH
- Hervé

SIGNATURE:
* New Dedicated Vivado HLS forums* http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/High-Level-Synthesis-HLS/bd-p/hls
* Readme/Guidance* http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

* Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
* Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

I am currently using 2013.1 Vivado and I have the WebPack. I just got the ZedBoard today! Seriously if the IP Integrator tool is not available in the Flow Navigator with a WebPack License , Does this mean you can't create an embedded design! ? 

It says that Vivado does not support Zynq designs in EDK. SO my whole ISE design tool flow is cut off with this very statement! This is irrelevant in the first place cause I don't even have the option to add an embedded source in the project as shown in the screen shot

So how does one create an embedded design with a Vivado 2013.1 WebPack when there is no IP Integrator option or adding Embedded Sources!  ?

Regards

Arvind

Untitled.jpg
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

The IP integrator is not ready yet it seems...So i guess it is not possible. Until Xilinx decides to make a release that includes ip integrator, the ISE tool flow is the only way to go...You can use plan ahead if it has a webpack version..Although I am not sure....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Planahead 14.5 "works" with the Zedboard and the webpack license but one has to tread carefully since there are issues with the SDK. For a workaround refer to: XSDK Not Found Error

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like these books:
Free Range VHDL (free), http://www.freerangefactory.org/site/pmwiki.php/Main/Books
VHDL for Logic Synthesis, Andrew Rushton
FPGA Prototyping by VHDL Examples, Pong P Chu
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

IP Integrator was early access in 2013.1 and required a license from your FAE.  It is available with every seat of Vivado 2013.2 - Design Edition, System Edition, and WebPack.  A separate license is not required for IP Integrator in 2013.2.

0 Kudos