UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Axi master to axi lite interface question

Jump to solution

Hello,

I've got a desing in vivado with a standar library  'axi_timer' IP, which I wan't to interface it from another custom IP generated by HLS using a axi master.

I've got the function:

void my_function(short input1, short input2, int times[3])
{
	(.....)

}

Where I'd like to write the times[i] values to a specific register addresses in the axi_timer IP. (Instead using the PS)

For instance: write 'times[0]' value to (XPAR_AXI_TIMER_0_BASEADDR + 0x04) address of axi_timer IP

How is possible to do? is there any example or app note?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Re: Axi master to axi lite interface question

Jump to solution

just generate an axi master interface; ie just say

myfunc(int* axi_timer, int count, ...) {

*(axi_timer + count_offset) = count;

}

In the block diagram you can connect your master port to the slave port of the axi_timer at which time the BD editor will insert the necessary interconnect to make it work.

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Jump to solution

just generate an axi master interface; ie just say

myfunc(int* axi_timer, int count, ...) {

*(axi_timer + count_offset) = count;

}

In the block diagram you can connect your master port to the slave port of the axi_timer at which time the BD editor will insert the necessary interconnect to make it work.

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Thanks Muzaffer for your reply, I guess with the right offset, I could write as well in the axi slave configuration registers, I'll try that.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Jump to solution
I have implemented many PL masters which share responsibility of some IP with the PS. Just add a 2 slave 1 master interconnect and use the PS & PL masters to connect to the slave ports.
0 Kudos