UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Exporting PCore for EDK error using vivado HLS 2013.3

Jump to solution

I have a simple matrix multiplication desin and I want to export it as a Pcore in EDK. However, it turned out the following error.

@E [IMPL-39] Cannot find ISE in the PATH variable or it's an unsupported version. Please update the PATH variable to include a supported version (13.1 and above)

while executing
"export_design -evaluate verilog -format pcore -version "1.00.a" -use_netlist none"

I double check the PATH, I did put the ISE path in. In addition, when I export it to IP catalog, it works fine. 

Anyone could help me with this?

BTW, The ISE is 14.7 which is shipped together with the vivado ISE 2013,3.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Exporting PCore for EDK error using vivado HLS 2013.3

Jump to solution

This seems to be a known issue. Can you check if this is an issue?

The xtclsh of Vivado installation corrupts the xtclsh of ISE installation. Command "which xtclsh" can be used to find out which xtclsh is being used.

Setting xtclsh of ISE installation in environment instead of xtclsh of Vivado installation to resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

This seems to be a known issue. Can you check if this is an issue?

The xtclsh of Vivado installation corrupts the xtclsh of ISE installation. Command "which xtclsh" can be used to find out which xtclsh is being used.

Setting xtclsh of ISE installation in environment instead of xtclsh of Vivado installation to resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

I think it should be a known issue, and I found the solution in previous post.

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/High-Level-Synthesis-HLS/Export-RTL-VHDL-ISE-error/td-p/286381

It is my own fault. when I added the newly installed ISE path to $PATH, I have typo there.

0 Kudos