UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor aperloff
Visitor

[HLS 2018.3/2019.1] 'use of undeclared identifier' when using cflags

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me out with this problem as it has me completely stumped. I have a design which works perfectly in Vivado 2018.2. However, if I change nothing else, but switch to Vivado 2018.3 or 2019.1 I recieve error messages like those in [1]. Vivado seems to be ignoring the cflags defined in the tcl file, at least during synthesis (see [2]). It finds the TEST preprocessor macro in the testbench during csim, but not the HLS_pipeline_II macro during csynth. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening? I have included some information about my setup in [3].

Thanks,

Alexx

[1]

ERROR: [HLS 214-124] use of undeclared identifier 'HLS_pipeline_II': <path to file>/firmware_file.cpp:103

[2]

# Get any additional configuration variables necessary
source config.tcl

# Open the project, don't forget to reset
open_project -reset proj_${var1}_${var2}

# Set the top function and add the files to the project
set_top ${var3}
add_files firmware_file.cpp -cflags "-DTEST${var1} -std=c++0x -DHLS_pipeline_II=${var4}"

[3]

Vivado HLS: 2019.1

CSIM Compiler: GCC