UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

HLS export RTL for different targets

I designed a HLS block which is supposed to be used in several devices (Artix, Kintex and Zynq).

For each of the supported devices I created a new solution under the HLS project, I compiled each one of them and then exported the RTL.

However I'm struggling with the exporting into the IP catalog. I was hoping that using the IP from within a Vivado project will automatically take the HLS solution appropriate for the target device used in the Vivado project. Unfortunately I get a mess of naming conflicts and issues.

So my question is if this is possible at all and if it is how do I go about it doing it right.

Thank you.

ds

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: HLS export RTL for different targets

Hi @dsula,

Generally using the IP generated from HLS in vivado should not cause any issues. As you are creating three IP's for different targets, I hope that you are using these IP's in there corresponding target Vivado projects. If it is the same process which you are following then you should not face any issues.

If it is not the scenario, then please let us know the flow how you are using these IP's in vivado after generating form HLS.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Ok. I'll try again maybe I messed somehting up.

The problems comes from the fact that there are now 3 IPs with the same name (but for different devices) in the IP catalog. I think this upsets the tool. Ideally only 1 IP should be shown in the catalog and the correct architecture IP is choosen based on the target device.

0 Kudos

Hi @dsula,

As you are targetting three different devices one of the suggestion is to create three vivado projects targetting to three different targets and then add the location of IP's generated from HLS in the IP repository path for corresponding targets so that only one IP will be shown for the corresponding target.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Yes, that's what I came up with too.

I was hoping to somehow build multi-target capable IPs all from within one HLS project. Like the stock xilinx IP blocks which work with several architectures.

cheers

ds

0 Kudos