UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer jura
Observer

Initializing an HLS IP

Hi,

I generated an HLS IP with Vivado HLS. I want to insert it in a design which uses Linux.

First I need to initialize it. I guess the appropriate function to use (provided with drivers) is :

int XZoom_Initialize(XZoom *InstancePtr, constchar* InstanceName)

However I don't understand how to call this function.

I wrote :

XZoom XZoom1; // Device instance for the 1st argument

XZoom_Initialize(&XZoom1, ??? ); // Call the function

OS_PRINTF("Zoom init done\r\n");

But what about the 2nd argument, InstanceName? What should I put ?

What I understood is that this argument will be compared to the device name in "/sys/class/uio/uio%d/name" to check if it's the same.

Any help would be highly appreciated !

Thanks & best regards,

Julien

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Initializing an HLS IP

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/58096.htm -- How to integerate device driver generated from HLS to SDK?
Additionally there is a tutorial for this: http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2014_1/ug871-vivado-high-level-synthesis-tutorial.pdf
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Observer jura
Observer

Re: Initializing an HLS IP

Hi,

I already integrated the device driver in SDK ! I also read UG871 several times but my question is about the init function that I'm unable to call because of the 2nd argument which I don't understand...can anyone help me ?

Best regards,

Julien

0 Kudos