UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Interpretation of SYN 201-210 and RTGEN 206-101

Hi, dear HLS experts,

In the HLS synthesis log, I have the following questions to consult with you.

Q1: For the following message, what's the meaning of length limit 20 since I don't know to to correlate with my HLS design ?

INFO: [SYN 201-210] Renamed object name 'esn_baseline_fptrunc_64ns_32_1' to 'esn_baseline_fptrbkb' due to the length limit 20

Q2: For the following message, I don't quite understand why HLS outputs such message in log since I think RTLGEN in HLS should take care of it. If it outputs such message, should HLS user pay any attention ? Or the HLS user can skip it with confidence.

WARNING: [RTGEN 206-101] RTL name 'esn_baseline_fcmpdEe' is changed to 'esn_baseline_fcmpdEe_x' due to conflict.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Interpretation of SYN 201-210 and RTGEN 206-101

Hi @nanson,

To avoid the warning, please go to solution settings --> General --> select config_compile and select name_max_length = 100(by default it is set to 20 in Vivado HLS 2018.2).