UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor cameronnott
Visitor

OpenCV Error

Hello,

I am trying to run a simulation in Vivado HLS using this example:

https://medium.com/@chathura.abeyrathne.lk/xilinx-vivado-hls-beginners-tutorial-custom-ip-core-design-for-fpga-59876d5a4119

When I run the testbench code using "Run C Simulation", I get the following error:

OpenCV Error: Unspecified error (The function is not implemented. Rebuild the library with Windows, GTK+ 2.x or Carbon
support. If you are on Ubuntu or Debian, install libgtk2.0-dev and pkg-config, then re-run cmake or configure script)
in cvNamedWindow, file /wrk/xbj_vdi/ryanw/opencv_mine/build03/opencv-2.4.5/modules/highgui/src/window.cpp,
line 479
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'cv::Exception'
  what():  /wrk/xbj_vdi/ryanw/opencv_mine/build03/opencv-2.4.5/modules/highgui/src/window.cpp:479: error:
(-2) The function is not implemented. Rebuild the library with Windows, GTK+ 2.x or Carbon support. If you are on Ubuntu
or Debian, install libgtk2.0-dev and pkg-config, then re-run cmake or configure script in function cvNamedWindow   conv:solution1  Jan 24, 2019, 2:01:34 PM

Any help would be much appreciated. I am using VivadoHLS 2018.3 on a Centos operating system. I have installed the gtk package but it didn't make a difference.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: OpenCV Error

Hey @cameronnott,

My guess is that the libraries are missing because the hls_video and opencv libraries were ported over to xfopencv in 2018.3. This repository is available on Github, here: https://github.com/Xilinx/xfopencv

Under HLS_Use_Model, there's a usage document as well as some examples. If you wanted to follow her example exactly, I would guess based on the post date that she was using 2017.4

Nicholas Moellers

Xilinx Worldwide Technical Support
0 Kudos
Visitor cameronnott
Visitor

Re: OpenCV Error

Thank you for the suggestion. I will spend some time looking at HLS_Use_Model and follow up.

0 Kudos