UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Partitioning of output array gives garbage in output.

I have an IP in HLS with an array as output and I need to partition it to smaller pieces so i can use the block RAM controllers in the IP integrator to make the complete system. The array is defined as an argument in the top function and written within in a typical for loop.

The problem is that when I use the array partition directive, the RTL co-simulation gives wrong results, while without the directive the simulation is correct. With the partinioning the simulation give garbage numbers in the output.

Is this a known bug or is the sth wrong with the code? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Partitioning of output array gives garbage in output.

This is very likely a bug in C/RTL cosim. Have you tried it in 2013.3? Would it be possible to provide a testcase? PM me if nedded.

@adanathel wrote:

I have an IP in HLS with an array as output and I need to partition it to smaller pieces so i can use the block RAM controllers in the IP integrator to make the complete system. The array is defined as an argument in the top function and written within in a typical for loop.

The problem is that when I use the array partition directive, the RTL co-simulation gives wrong results, while without the directive the simulation is correct. With the partinioning the simulation give garbage numbers in the output.

Is this a known bug or is the sth wrong with the code? 

Cheers,
Jim
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Partitioning of output array gives garbage in output.

I have not tried in 2013.3 since i have an issue with the simulation (other post here that youi replied to if i can remember). I will try it if i sovle that one first.

0 Kudos