UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Read the address of an AXI4 transaction in HLS

Hello,

I have connected a DMA module to the PS using the ACP port. I have an HLS IP that needs the address of each ACP transaction, please the figure below:

forum.png

The blue module is my HLS IP with parameters m_axi transaction, axi_s data. What I would like to ask is whether it is possible to read the address of each transaction between the ACP port and the memory AXI interconnect. I have looked into the available methods of the m_axi variable, but I didn't find something.

Thanks!

dtheodor

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Re: Read the address of an AXI4 transaction in HLS

it might get a little bit involved but it's certainly possible to code an axi monitor in hls to do this. Basically you just make a block which has awvalid, awready and awaddr as inputs (yes all inputs). This should give you enough information on what addresses are being written into.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hello muzaffer,

Thanks for the quick reply.

So, what you suggest is to introduce an AXI Performance monitor module, read the awvalid, awready and awaddr signals, and provide them as inputs to my HLS IP, as shown below:

forum2.png

Is that more or less what you suggest?

Thanks,

dtheodor

0 Kudos
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

not really. I don't think you need the axi-performance monitor ip at all. Just make the HLS IP into something similar to it so that you can connect the ACP bundle directly to it.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
Adventurer
Adventurer

Oh, I think I got it. You mean directly create the 3 inputs to my HLS IP, and read them from the ACP port:

forum3.png

Thanks a lot! I will try it and update the thread status.

0 Kudos