UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer sbuschjaeger
Observer

Set ports on AXI LITE interface

Jump to solution

I managed to generate an IP block with HLS using the AXI Lite interface. I then desigend a microblaze system with all the other components. Now I'd like "call" my HLS block from the microblaze processor using C. However, it seems that i cannot really set the ports of my HLS block. Since I'm not sure if my HLS port definitions are correct, I decided to post this here. But maybe my calling C code is just wrong.

I used HLS to generate an IP block with the following interface definiton:

#define dim 2

float dummy_algorithm(float const pX[dim], float const pY, bool const pPredict, bool const pReset) {
DO_PRAGMA(HLS INTERFACE s_axilite port=pX depth=dim);
#pragma HLS INTERFACE s_axilite port=pY
#pragma HLS INTERFACE s_axilite port=pPredict
#pragma HLS INTERFACE s_axilite port=pReset
#pragma HLS INTERFACE s_axilite port=return

// Actual code...

}

With the help of ug871 (http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2014_1/ug871-vivado-high-level-synthesis-tutorial.pdf) I managed to come up with this code:

XDummy_algorithm perceptron; 
//.. more code
xil_printf("Initialize Perceptron instance...\n\r"); XDummy_algorithm_Config *cfg; cfg = XDummy_algorithm_LookupConfig(XPAR_DUMMY_ALGORITHM_0_DEVICE_ID); if (!cfg) { xil_printf("Error: lookup of perceptron IP failed!\n\r"); return -4; } int status = XDummy_algorithm_CfgInitialize(&perceptron,cfg); if (status != XST_SUCCESS) { xil_printf("Error: could not initialize perceptron IP! \n\r;"); return -5; } XDummy_algorithm_InterruptGlobalDisable(&perceptron); XDummy_algorithm_Set_pReset(&perceptron,1); u32 t1 = XDummy_algorithm_Get_pReset(&perceptron); unsigned char *temp = (unsigned char *) &t1; xil_printf("t1 = %x - %x - %x - %x \n\r", temp[0], temp[1], temp[2], temp[3]); u32 t2 = XDummy_algorithm_Get_pReset(&perceptron); xil_printf("t2 = %d\n\r", t2); xil_printf("done\n\r");

The output is:

Initialize Perceptron instance...
t1 = 0 - 0 - 0 - 0
t2 = 0

So you see, the port seems to be 0 rather than 1.  What am I missing here?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer sbuschjaeger
Observer

Re: Set ports on AXI LITE interface

Jump to solution

Seems like something in my workspace was messed up or so. After moving HLS files and Vivado synthesis files to a new workspace and re-run bitstream generation the ports are correctly assigned now.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Observer sbuschjaeger
Observer

Re: Set ports on AXI LITE interface

Jump to solution

Seems like something in my workspace was messed up or so. After moving HLS files and Vivado synthesis files to a new workspace and re-run bitstream generation the ports are correctly assigned now.

0 Kudos